The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
Copenhagen Liaison Office
From Copenhagen, UNOPS establishes and develops strategic relationships with key partners including the governments of Canada, Denmark, Finland, Italy, Norway and Sweden, and the United Kingdom, as well as the private sector.
By working closely with UNOPS Executive Office, regional teams and leaders within our core areas of expertise, the Copenhagen Liaison Office provides tailored support for the development of strong and effective relationships with partners to help countries achieve their Sustainable Development Goal priorities.
Through its work, the Copenhagen Liaison Office has supported UNOPS project teams to:
- Help developing countries adopt more transparent procurement processes through the Finnish funded programme Public Sector Investment Facility.
- Facilitate the strengthening of Myanmar’s national healthcare system with a $43 million contribution from the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency to the UNOPS-managed Access to Health Fund.
- 32active projectsActive projects
There are 32 active projects, in 24 different countries, funded by Sweden, Norway, Finland and Denmark.
- Key partners
- Government of Denmark
- Government of Italy
- Government of Finland
- Government of Norway
- Government of Sweden
- Italian Agency for Development Cooperation
- Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency
Employment helps to ensure people are able to take care of themselves, their family, and the whole community in which they live. We have good partners – UNOPS and the government of Montenegro – for the implementation of the project, and I believe that the support will be given to the ones who need it the most.