The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
Washington Liaison Office
UNOPS supports sustainable development operations in developing countries and manages portfolios financed by our Washington, DC-based partners, including the World Bank, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) and other branches of the United States government.
Through its work, the Washington Liaison Office has supported UNOPS project teams to:
- Construct or rehabilitate +2,000 km of urban and feeder roads and 100 health centers in some of the most fragile environments, such as Central African Republic, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Guinea and Yemen with funding from the World Bank.
- Rehabilitate and equip 100 primary schools and 300 kindergartens in South Sudan and Jordan with the support of USAID.
- Provide a range of advisory services to West African governments to achieve MCC funded grants.
- +100agreements with the World BankProjects
Since 2017, UNOPS has established more than 100 agreements with the World Bank to implement projects together, primarily in fragile and conflict affected states.
- Key partners
- Millennium Challenge Corporation
- United States Agency for International Development
- Government of the United States
- World Bank
[UNOPS is] one of the World Bank’s most important UN partners, including in fragile states. I am confident we can grow our partnership further to achieve better results for the SDGs.”