The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
New York Liaison Office
UNOPS New York Liaison Office
10 Grand Central
155 East 44th Street,14th Floor
New York, New York 10017
UNOPS New York Liaison Office manages the organization's relationship with the Executive Board of the UN Development Programme (UNDP), the UN Population Fund (UNFPA) and UNOPS; UN Member States; as well as components of the UN Secretariat based in New York.
In close proximity to a number of UN entity headquarters, the New York Liaison Office is also responsible for interaction with UNDP, UNFPA, UNICEF and UN Women, among others.
The Office further delivers on strategic initiatives and represents the organization on UN system-wide issues, such as UN reform.
Through its work, the New York Liaison Office has supported UNOPS to:
- Establish UNOPS as a leader in gender equality through initiatives, events and projects.
- Strengthen knowledge and foster dialogue on issues and activities relevant to Small Island Developing States and preservation of the world’s ocean.
- Support the development of UNOPS Social Impact Investing Initiative projects and Global Innovation Centres.
- Provide technical advice and support for the development of partnerships on peace and security matters.
“UNOPS... has a lot to offer to improve the overall efficiency of the UN system – with its experience in working together with the private sector and its track records in efficient schemes and innovative business model.
- Key partners
- UN Secretariat
- UN Member States
- UN funds, programmes and agencies headquartered in New York