The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
African Development Bank
Government of Japan
Korea International Cooperation Agency
United Kingdom’s Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office
Across parts of West Africa, UNOPS in Ghana supports projects in The Gambia, Ghana, Liberia, Nigeria and Sierra Leone. With a focus on sustainable infrastructure and procurement, UNOPS also provides training across various sectors, including health, the environment, urban development and agriculture.
From supporting sustainable and climate-resilient infrastructure, to enhancing security and access to essential services in conflict-affected and hard-to-reach areas, UNOPS manages projects and develops and delivers cost-effective services for partners across the region – helping countries achieve their development goals.
- UNOPS impact in West Africa
- Helping the government of Sierra Leone extend renewable energy supplies to rural communities with the construction of solar-powered mini-grids while enhancing the capacity and working conditions of governance institutions and key healthcare facilities.
- Supporting The Gambia with developing a digital masterplan and urban development investment plan for the greater Banjul area while facilitating access to markets and encouraging socio-economic development in rural communities through the rehabilitation of feeder roads.
- Strengthening Liberia’s health sector and maintaining essential services through improved infrastructure and the procurement of medical and non-medical supplies.
- 3.26%Current health expenditureCurrent health expenditure (% of GDP)
Level of current health expenditure expressed as a percentage of GDP. Estimates of current health expenditures include healthcare goods and services consumed during each year. This indicator does not include capital health expenditures such as buildings, machinery, IT and stocks of vaccines for emergency or outbreaks.
Source: data.worldbank.org (2017)