The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
Government of Italy
Government of Japan
Republic of Korea
UNOPS has worked in Kenya since 1995, where it manages a growing portfolio of engagements, including project management, infrastructure and procurement services, as well as advisory services, human resources management and financial management.
UNOPS team in Nairobi supports partners in 17 other countries: Angola, Botswana, Eritrea, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
From providing mine action support in Somalia to improving Uganda’s health sector by procuring much-needed medical equipment, UNOPS works to provide practical solutions to assist our partners with building a better, more sustainable region.
- UNOPS Impact in Kenya and across Eastern & Southern Africa
- Managed hundreds of contracts for the UN system.
- Assessed health clinics across Kenya in an effort to reduce maternal mortality.
- Strengthened local capacity by providing training for thousands of health workers and community volunteers.
- 12.8%Health expenditureHealth expenditure, total (% of GDP)
Total health expenditure is the sum of public and private health expenditure. It covers the provision of health services (preventive and curative), family planning activities, nutrition activities, and emergency aid designated for health but does not include provision of water and sanitation.
Source: data.worldbank.org (2014)
- Contact Details
UN Avenue, off UN Lane
UNOPS building, next to Warick Centre
P.O. BOX 783-00621
Tel: +254 207 621 120