The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
Government of Italy
Government of Japan
Republic of Korea
UNOPS has worked in Kenya since 1995, where it manages a growing portfolio of engagements, including project management, infrastructure and procurement services, as well as advisory services, human resources management and financial management.
The UNOPS team in Nairobi supports partners in 15 countries: Botswana, Eritrea, Eswatini, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
From supporting disaster recovery efforts following Cyclone Idai in Zimbabwe to improving Uganda’s health sector by procuring much-needed medical equipment, UNOPS provides practical solutions to assist our partners with building a better, more sustainable region.
- UNOPS Impact in Kenya and across Eastern & Southern Africa
- Managed hundreds of contracts for the UN system.
- Assessed health clinics across Kenya in an effort to reduce maternal mortality.
- Strengthened local capacity by providing training for thousands of health workers and community volunteers.
- 4,8%Current health expenditureCurrent health expenditure (% of GDP)
Level of current health expenditure expressed as a percentage of GDP. Estimates of current health expenditures include healthcare goods and services consumed during each year. This indicator does not include capital health expenditures such as buildings, machinery, IT and stocks of vaccines for emergency or outbreaks.
Source: data.worldbank.org (2017)
- Contact Details
UN Avenue, off UN Lane
UNOPS building, next to Warick Centre
P.O. BOX 783-00621
Tel: +254 207 621 120