The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
Brussels Liaison Office
UNOPS Brussels Liaison Office supports and strengthens partnerships between UNOPS and the European Union (EU) and its Member States, managing relationships with a wide variety of EU institutions, select development banks and other agencies.
As a key partner of the EU, UNOPS supports a broad range of EU-funded projects and programmes – bringing peace and security, humanitarian and development solutions in some of the world’s most challenging environments.
UNOPS also contributes to all joint UN actions in Brussels to promote and accelerate the realization of the 2030 Agenda, and also serves as trustee and secretariat for Cities Alliance, a global platform that supports cities in developing countries to enhance sustainable development and reduce poverty.
Through its work, the Brussels Liaison Office has supported UNOPS project teams to:
- Improve livelihoods for 2.6 million people in Myanmar, of whom 91% are women, through LIFT-funded microfinance institutions.
- Develop and implement an integrated solid waste management programme in Sri Lanka, reaching more than 650,000 people.
- Clear 875 commercial vessels though the UN Verification and Inspection Mechanism since 2016 in Yemen, successfully offloading over 10 million tonnes of food, fuel and supplies.
- +140projectsImproving lives
Since 2009, UNOPS has implemented more than 140 projects – primarily in fragile and conflict affected states – with the support of the European Union, Germany and France for a total of €700 million, improving millions of lives.
- Key partners
- European Union
- Government of Belgium
- Government of France
- Government of Germany
- European Investment Bank
- KfW Development Bank
- GIZ International Services
I would... like to thank the entire team of UNOPS for the effort and dedication they have put into this project."
- * on the Eastern Partnership European School Scholarship Programme in Georgia.