The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
Guatemala Tax Authority
Guatemalan Social Security Institute
Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency
UNOPS supports the Government of Guatemala and other partners in their efforts to achieve sustainable development throughout the country. Through efficient, cost-effective and transparent support, UNOPS provides technical assistance in project management, infrastructure, procurement, and human resources and financial management services.
Our team supports a range of sectors including culture, education, environment, governance, health, justice, recreation, and water and sanitation.
- UNOPS impact in Guatemala
- Facilitated savings in medical procurement activities that could be re-allocated to build new health facilities, reduce the cost of medical services and extend insurance coverage to migrant populations.
- Worked with partners to promote women's empowerment and economic growth.
- Provided support to a range of rural development strategies.
- 5.81%Current health expenditureCurrent health expenditure (% of GDP)
Level of current health expenditure expressed as a percentage of GDP. Estimates of current health expenditures include healthcare goods and services consumed during each year. This indicator does not include capital health expenditures such as buildings, machinery, IT and stocks of vaccines for emergency or outbreaks.
Source: data.worldbank.org (2017)