The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
Government of Canada
Government of Japan
UN Children's Fund
UN Refugee Agency
United States Agency for International Development
From Amman, UNOPS supports the Jordanian Government and its international partners to respond to the impact of the Syrian crisis. UNOPS operations further support the Government of Jordan’s efforts to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals.
- UNOPS impact in Jordan and the Middle East
- Helped facilitate access to education for 8,200 students from host communities as well as refugees in different Jordanian governorates.
- Supported the construction of schools, school extensions and warehouses, and provided maintenance, cleaning and guarding services to schools through cash for work programmes, on behalf of UNICEF, benefiting over 2,600 families in refugee camps.
- Constructed Civil Defence Centres in Za’atari and Azraq Refugee Camps, and provided ambulances, enhancing the capacity of first responders to respond to emergencies inside camps.
- Constructed a regional Moderation Centre in Jordan that aims to contribute to awareness-raising measures to counter extremism and promote a culture of moderation.
- 9.45MPopulationTotal population
Total population is based on the de facto definition of population, which counts all residents regardless of legal status or citizenship. The values shown are midyear estimates.
Source: data.worldbank.org (2016)