The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
10 Grand Central
155 East 44th Street,14th Floor
New York, New York 10017
Tel: +1 232 457 1800
The New York Office provides support and expertise to UNOPS largest partner, the UN Secretariat, alongside UN partner agencies and their initiatives with a global outreach. The Office is also a pivotal resource for the organization's partnership with UN Member States around the world.
Responding to our partners’ needs
Our New York Office is composed of: the Peace and Security Cluster, which provides the project management platform for the UN Mine Action Service (UNMAS); the Sustainable Development Cluster, which collectively provides a range of important support services to the Secretariat, its initiatives, programmes and conferences; and our dedicated liaison office that works closely with Permanent Missions to the UN, as well as the UN Secretariat.
Our team in New York also includes elements of UNOPS legal, and internal audit and investigations groups.
New York Service Cluster
- Peace and Security Cluster
UNOPS Peace and Security Cluster works to improve safety and security in some of the world’s most challenging environments. By supporting UN organizations, governments and other partners with implementing mine action programmes, UNOPS - in collaboration with UNMAS - helps to build a safer world.
- Sustainable Development Cluster
UNOPS Sustainable Development Cluster supports the UN Secretariat and other partners by providing a range of support services for global programmes. Our support, including technology, grant management services and support for development and special initiatives reaches approximately 125 countries.
- UNOPS Impact from New York
- Collaborated with local governments and Member States to support the organization of global conferences and events, including the Our Ocean 2020/2021 conference in Palau.
- Helped to assemble the first all-female demining team in Iraq in cooperation with UNMAS, which commenced clearance operations in the country’s second-largest city, Mosul, in October 2020.
- Supported UNOPS Global Innovation Centres around the world, which provide a nurturing environment for innovation and host challenges to discover new solutions for some of the world’s greatest challenges.
The teams that make up our New York Office provide highly specialized expertise and support to a range of partners with a global reach, from UNMAS and UNDP, to the UN Secretariat and Member States. Our clusters consistently go above and beyond, demonstrating the value-add that UNOPS provides, both here and across the world.
New York Liaison Office
UNOPS New York Liaison Office manages relations with the UN Secretariat, our Executive Board and other UN organizations, and delivers on global strategic initiatives and priority issues.