The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
Government of the Philippines
Korea International Cooperation Agency
UNOPS Philippines was established in early 2016 to support, develop and oversee UNOPS growing portfolio of programmes and projects throughout the country.
The team currently provides sustainable procurement, infrastructure and logistical support services. We work closely with development partners, the Government and the Supreme Court focusing on governance and justice, health and infrastructure-related projects.
- UNOPS impact in Philippines
- Trained 937 justice sector personnel on the e-Subpoena system.
- Increased engagement in infrastructure, including fishery rehabilitation, port rehabilitation and hospital construction projects.
- Procured more than $1 million worth of chelating agents, antimalarial drugs and tablets (including antiretroviral drugs) for HIV programmes in 2017 for the Department of Health of the Philippines.
- 103.3MPopulationTotal population
Total population is based on the de facto definition of population, which counts all residents regardless of legal status or citizenship. The values shown are midyear estimates.
Source: data.worldbank.org (2016)