The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
Tokyo liaison office
UNOPS Tokyo Liaison Office ensures effective partner relations by coordinating services and supporting joint project opportunities between UNOPS and its partners in Japan.
The office supports a broad range of Japan-funded projects around the world.
Through its work, the Tokyo Liaison Office has supported UNOPS project teams to:
- Install 3 wind turbines and +5,600 solar panels in Afghanistan to enhance access to electricity for 1,500 households and 100 small enterprises.
- Rehabilitate and construct 21 water facilities to improve access to clean drinking water for 84,000 people in Sudan, and 95,000 people in Mali.
- Construct a market and provide entrepreneurship training for +200 Somali women to enhance income generation opportunities.
- +75engagements with JapanPartnerships
Since 2010, UNOPS has established more than 75 engagements with Japan, implementing projects primarily in fragile and conflict affected states.
- Key partners
- Government of Japan
- Japan International Cooperation Agency
- Private sector