The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
Brazilian Company of Hospital Services
Federal District Government
Government of Mato Grosso
Human Rights Secretariat
UN Development Programme
UNOPS supports the Brazilian Government and UN agencies by providing project management, procurement, infrastructure, human resources and advisory services. We support our partners’ projects primarily in the areas of social, health and detention system infrastructure.
UNOPS further works to establish public private partnerships with Brazilian companies.
- UNOPS impact in Brazil
- Improved social and education centres for young people in detention to better protect their rights and meet Brazilian and international standards.
- Renovated and built shelters for women victims of violence and nurseries for the Rio de Janeiro Government.
- Provided project management support in the construction of university hospitals to promote research, training and improved health care for citizens.
- Supported the collaboration between the Governments of Cuba and Brazil to assist the Government of Haiti’s efforts to improve healthcare infrastructure throughout Haiti.
- Read UNOPS contribution to the Brazilian Association for the Development of Hospital Building’s publication on ‘Heath infrastructure in Latin America’.
- 8.32%Health expenditureHealth expenditure, total (% of GDP)
Total health expenditure is the sum of public and private health expenditure. It covers the provision of health services (preventive and curative), family planning activities, nutrition activities, and emergency aid designated for health but does not include provision of water and sanitation.
Source: data.worldbank.org (2014)