The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
Costa Rican Institute of Aqueducts and Sewers
National Institute of Women
Presidency of the Republic
Government of Costa Rica:
Ministry of Culture and Youth
Ministry of Environment and Energy
Ministry of Public Works and Transportation
Together with partners, UNOPS works throughout Costa Rica implementing a variety of projects.
With a focus on sustainable infrastructure, equitable and inclusive human development, water and the environment, UNOPS operations are aligned with the Sustainable Development Goals and Agenda 2030.
Throughout all of our work, we aim to build national and institutional capacity and consistently apply human rights and gender perspectives throughout our projects.
- UNOPS impact in Costa Rica
- Helped create the first digital platform that provides information on water resources.
- Revised and optimized overpass designs at the Social Security Roundabout, located in the Metropolitan Area in the province of San José, creating a savings of approximately $9.5 million.
- Constructed bridges, including the binational bridge connecting Costa Rica and Panama, and a bridge over the Virilla River in Lindora.
- 9.31%Health expenditureHealth expenditure, total (% of GDP)
Total health expenditure is the sum of public and private health expenditure. It covers the provision of health services (preventive and curative), family planning activities, nutrition activities, and emergency aid designated for health but does not include provision of water and sanitation.
Source: data.worldbank.org (2014)