The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
Costa Rican Institute of Aqueducts and Sewers
Ministry of Culture and Youth
Ministry of Environment and Energy
Ministry of Public Works and Transportation
National Council of Roads (CONAVI)
National Institute for Women
Since 2014, UNOPS has supported the Government of Costa Rica and other national entities in a variety of projects throughout the country.
With a focus on sustainability, our team implements water and sanitation projects and a diverse range of infrastructure projects including, among others, bridges and road construction.
Through our work, we support our partners in the identification and management of risks; strengthen national and institutional capacity; and systematically apply gender perspectives and human rights in our projects.
- UNOPS impact in Costa Rica
- Helped create the first digital platform that provides information on water resources.
- Revised and optimized overpass designs at the Social Security Roundabout, located in the Metropolitan Area in the province of San José, creating a savings of approximately $9.5 million.
- Constructed bridges, including the binational bridge connecting Costa Rica and Panama, and a bridge over the Virilla River in Lindora.
- 9.31%Health expenditureHealth expenditure, total (% of GDP)
Total health expenditure is the sum of public and private health expenditure. It covers the provision of health services (preventive and curative), family planning activities, nutrition activities, and emergency aid designated for health but does not include provision of water and sanitation.
Source: data.worldbank.org (2014)