The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
- Government of Mexico
- Government of Mexico City
- National Bank of Public Works and Services
- National Tourism Promotion Fund
- Secretariat of Foreign Affairs
UNOPS in Mexico supports the government in the implementation of sustainable infrastructure and development projects.
UNOPS further supports initiatives that promote greater transparency, efficiency and effectiveness in public management and procurement processes, including in the areas of health, public transport and government assets.
Through this, the team brings international best practices in project management to all of its partners’ projects throughout the country.
- UNOPS impact in Mexico
- Promoted transparency and effective competition in the bidding process for Mexico City’s public transport network, generating significant savings for the government of Mexico.
- Advised the Ministries of Finance and Health on key principles of effective public procurement, generating significant savings in the consolidated purchase of medicines.
- 129.2MPopulationTotal population
Total population is based on the de facto definition of population, which counts all residents regardless of legal status or citizenship. The values shown are midyear estimates.
Source: data.worldbank.org (2017)
We aim to take our partnership further — to develop more opportunities, working together in support of Mexico’s agenda to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals.”