The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
Palestine (State of)
Government of Canada
Government of Norway
Government of the United States of America
Investment & Pensions Europe
UNOPS works hand-in-hand with the State of Palestine, the donor community, UN organizations, non-governmental organizations and the private sector to improve the rule of law, justice and human rights. We support the Government and civil societies efforts to strengthen capacities of people, systems and policies.
Our work supports the achievement of Palestinian national objectives in adherence to the United Nations Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF) 2014-2017. UNOPS leads UNDAF Outcome 6, which focuses on urban development, natural resource management and infrastructure.
Through our work, UNOPS supports the State of Palestine in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.
- UNOPS impact in Palestine (State of)
- Contributed to rebuilding Gaza through the support of enabling construction materials to enter Gaza through the creation of the Gaza Reconstruction Mechanism (GRM), allowing residents to start to rebuild their lives in the aftermath of Gaza’s destruction caused by the 2014 conflict. To date, over 2.5 million tons of construction material have entered Gaza under the GRM.
- Supported the State of Palestine's Ministry of Interior in Ramallah in operational management and civilian outreach capacity, in order to ensure efficient and effective civilian governance within the security sector.
- Assisted in rebuilding homes for people in Gaza, with particular attention to women and elderly headed-households, as well as people living with disabilities. To date, more than 90 houses have been reconstructed and completed with approximately 65 more scheduled.
- 4.79MPopulationTotal population
Total population is based on the de facto definition of population, which counts all residents regardless of legal status or citizenship. The values shown are midyear estimates.