The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock
Ministry of Justice
Ministry of Public Health and Social Welfare
Ministry of Public Works and Communications
UNOPS in Paraguay supports our partners’ efforts in a range of areas, including agriculture, poverty reduction, humane prison infrastructure and public-private partnerships.
The team works to modernize family agriculture through agricultural mechanization, conservation agriculture and reforestation projects. This makes it possible for technological modernization to increase productivity and improve the income of families living in poverty and extreme poverty in rural settlements prioritized by the government.
UNOPS also contributes to improving conditions of prison infrastructure, and provides specialized technical assistance to promote the participation of the private sector in public infrastructure.
- UNOPS impact in Paraguay
- Distributed 1.5 million kilograms of food for group meals and 36,000 food kits, guaranteeing food security for around 286,000 vulnerable families.
- Supported the mechanization of nearly 54,000 family-owned businesses engaged in agriculture and the planting of more than 71,000 hectares of farmland in seven departments throughout the country.
- Increased incomes and productivity for more than 20,000 farming families.
- Improved prison infrastructure based on the Nelson Mandela Rules for humane prison conditions, benefitting more than 1,300 prisoners.
- 74Life expectancy at birthLife expectancy at birth, total (years)
Life expectancy at birth indicates the number of years a newborn infant would live if prevailing patterns of mortality at the time of its birth were to stay the same throughout its life.
Source: data.worldbank.org (2018)