The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock
Ministry of Public Health and Social Welfare
Ministry of Public Works and Communications
Ministry of Social Development
UNOPS in Paraguay supports our partners’ efforts to enhance socio-economic development across the country in a range of areas. This includes building the capacity of family agriculture, helping to reduce poverty, supporting the development of public private partnerships and improving access to health and education infrastructure.
Since 2010, UNOPS has supported initiatives to modernize family agriculture through agricultural mechanization, conservation agriculture and reforestation projects – helping to increase productivity and improve the income of families living in poverty and extreme poverty.
In addition, UNOPS supports efforts to improve transparency and efficiency in the public sector, in support of Paraguay’s national development priorities and the Sustainable Development Goals.
- UNOPS impact in Paraguay
- Acquired and distributed supplies to more than 20 health centres to help strengthen capacity and provide timely care to patients diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Distributed more than 21.5 million meals in community kitchens to improve food security for approximately 230,000 vulnerable people.
- Supported family farming projects with a focus on technological modernization and improving access to markets, benefiting more than 47,000 families living in poverty in rural settlements.
- Rehabilitated agricultural schools in three departments to support the training of leaders and technical professionals in environmental and agricultural areas.
- 74Life expectancy at birthLife expectancy at birth, total (years)
Life expectancy at birth indicates the number of years a newborn infant would live if prevailing patterns of mortality at the time of its birth were to stay the same throughout its life.
Source: data.worldbank.org (2018)