The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
Government of Japan
Government of Sierra Leone
United Kingdom’s Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office
UNOPS in Sierra Leone supports the government, United Nations and other partners in a range of procurement, project management and infrastructure-related services.
From supporting long-term peace and resilience by enabling access to basic services to providing renewable energy solutions, UNOPS works closely with partners to increase the economic, social and environmental sustainability for the projects it supports – with a focus on sustainability, efficiency and developing national capacity.
- UNOPS impact in Sierra Leone
- Improved maternal and child healthcare services by constructing basic emergency obstetric and newborn care facilities in vulnerable districts.
- Provided a reliable source of energy for health facilities and households across the country by strengthening renewable energy infrastructure, improving essential services for some 300,000 residents.
- Rehabilitated landslide-affected areas and helped reduce the risk of loss of life and property from floods in vulnerable locations through the rehabilitation of infrastructures such as footbridges, culverts, drainages and blocked watercourses.
- 7.81MPopulationTotal population
Total population is based on the de facto definition of population, which counts all residents regardless of legal status or citizenship. The values shown are midyear estimates.
Source: data.worldbank.org (2019)
- Contact Details
UNOPS Sierra Leone
58, Sir Samuel Lewis Road
Tel: +232 30914073 | +232 30882151