The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
Government of the United Kingdom
United States Agency for International Development
UN Mine Action Service (UNMAS)
UN Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS)
UNOPS has worked in southern Sudan since 2005 and in South Sudan since 2011. Our team provides local and international partners with project management, infrastructure and procurement services to support South Sudan’s Development Plan.
UNOPS is working in a range of sectors in South Sudan, including transport, education, health, post-conflict stabilization and emergency response.
As part of this, UNOPS enables its partners to make vital infrastructure improvements that drive sustainable development and improve peace and security. We work to enhance connectivity – via roads, rivers and bridges – to facilitate both humanitarian access and economic development. We help build and equip hospitals, so that pregnant women receive the healthcare they need for the safe birth of their child. And, we support our partners efforts in alleviating the ongoing humanitarian crisis.
Since 2016, UNOPS has delivered camp management services to ten UNMISS camps and to the British Armed Forces in UNMISS.
- UNOPS Impact in South Sudan
- Helped UNMAS efforts to clear millions of square metres of land contaminated with explosive hazards.
- Improved access to health services by constructing hospitals.
- Helped expedite the delivery of humanitarian aid, providing life-saving supplies to the people of South Sudan through the construction of a port on the White Nile.
- 12.58MPopulationTotal population
Total population is based on the de facto definition of population, which counts all residents regardless of legal status or citizenship. The values shown are midyear estimates.
Source: data.worldbank.org (2017)
- Contact Details
UNOPS South Sudan
UN House (Juba 3)
Tel: +211 (0)919 102 702
PO Box 595