The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
The Central African Republic
Government of the Central African Republic
UN Multidimensional Integrated Stabilization Mission in the Central African Republic (MINUSCA)
World Health Organization
UNOPS provides project management, procurement and human resources services in the Central African Republic. Through a range of activities, UNOPS helps to build community resilience, develop transportation infrastructure, and improve peace and security throughout the country.
From improving rural connectivity in remote regions to implementing community violence reduction and conflict prevention and resolution projects, UNOPS supports the government's national development and peacebuilding priorities, as well as other partner efforts to help build a sustainable future for the people of the Central African Republic.
- UNOPS Impact in The Central African Republic
- Supported MINUSCA efforts to stabilize the country through the disarmament, demobilization and reintegration of more than 18,500 ex-combatants, helping to reduce community violence and conflict.
- Provided cash transfers worth more than $1.7 million to people displaced by violence to help them rebuild their lives through the creation of additional sources of income.
- Improved transportation infrastructure, including roads and bridges, often in remote areas – creating temporary jobs for thousands of women and men.
- 32.4%Access to electricityAccess to electricity (% of population)
Access to electricity is the percentage of population with access to electricity. Electrification data are collected from industry, national surveys and international sources.
Source: data.worldbank.org (2018)46%People using at least basic drinking water services