The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
Government of Ukraine
Government of Canada
Government of Japan
UNOPS supports the government in its efforts to achieve sustainable development and build a stronger future for the people of Ukraine.
The team works alongside partners to improve rule of law, crisis recovery efforts, health and environment initiatives by providing procurement, project management and human resource services. Support is also provided in implementing technical assistance, humanitarian and investment projects.
- UNOPS impact in Ukraine
- Procured medical equipment to improve health services for more than 600,000 patients annually.
- Delivered and installed nine lung ventilation systems for hospitals and procured 150,000 respirators and 462,000 medical masks to aid in the country’s COVID-19 response efforts.
- Delivered boxes with childcare essentials to over 530,000 families to give newborns a stronger start in life.
- Procured equipment to improve access to clean water for some four million people.
- 4.49CO2 emissionsCO2 emissions (metric tons per capita)
Carbon dioxide emissions are those stemming from the burning of fossil fuels and the manufacture of cement. They include carbon dioxide produced during consumption of solid, liquid, and gas fuels and gas flaring.
Source: data.worldbank.org (2016)