The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
Afghan Institute for Civil Society
Japan International Cooperation Agency
Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency
UNOPS has supported national reconstruction and development efforts since 1995. In collaboration with governments, UN organizations and other partners, UNOPS supports the construction of sustainable infrastructure throughout the country.
With national ownership and capacity development as key priorities, UNOPS strengthens Afghan institutions and provides efficient operational support when facilitating partner projects.
In addition, UNOPS supports multi-country programmes that have activities within Afghanistan including Small Grants and Peace and Security.
- UNOPS impact in Afghanistan
- Improved accessibility to basic services through construction and rehabilitation of more than 10,000 km of roads.
- Enhanced access to electricity for 1,500 households and 100 small business enterprises, totaling approximately 15,000 beneficiaries through the establishment of a renewable energy facility.
- Improved rural livelihoods and access to social protection by supporting the National Emergency Employment Programme, creating 2.5 million labour days and allowing the rehabilitation of 20 bridges.
- 35.53MPopulationTotal population
Total population is based on the de facto definition of population, which counts all residents regardless of legal status or citizenship. The values shown are midyear estimates.
Source: data.worldbank.org (2017)
- Contact Details
PO Box 1772
Tel: +93 791695492