The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
Government of Argentina
UNOPS has been present in Argentina since 2005, supporting the Government in achieving tangible and sustainable results that directly benefit millions of Argentines.
UNOPS supports the Government at its national, provincial and municipal levels in the formulation and joint execution of projects that prioritize the improvement of living conditions – especially for those most vulnerable.
We support projects that have been defined as national priorities for the country and prioritize those that reinforce the fulfilment of the Sustainable Development Goals.
UNOPS helps partners achieve their goals through our recognized experience in the management of acquisitions, infrastructure and project management. We apply a sustainability approach, relying on tools for risk analysis and management, and prioritize strengthening national capacities through advisory services and direct training for government officials.
- UNOPS impact in Argentina
- Helped the Ministry of Education and Sports achieve a reduction of more than 50 percent in the cost of technological equipment for students and schools.
- Purchased housing modules to address the climate emergency situation in provinces of Jujuy and Santa Fe following severe flooding in the north of the country in early 2017.
- Carried out a study to determine the state and quality of water possibly affected by an environmental incident in a gold mine that operates cyanide processes in San Juan province in September 2015.
- 44.94MPopulationTotal population
Total population is based on the de facto definition of population, which counts all residents regardless of legal status or citizenship. The values shown are midyear estimates.
Source: data.worldbank.org (2019)