The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
Government of Brazil
Government of Canada
United Stated Agency for International Development
UNOPS has supported the Government of Haiti and development partners in the country since 2004. Our services aim to build national capacity and improve living conditions throughout the country through the successful implementation of projects in a range of sectors such as health, education, transport, energy and the environment.
Since the 2010 earthquake, UNOPS has provided continuous support to Haiti, from early recovery and reconstruction to disaster risk reduction and sustainable development.
- UNOPS impact in Haiti
- Rehabilitated and reconstructed more than 4,000 homes, community infrastructures and public services to improve living conditions for more than 33,000 people.
- Supported the Government in efforts to expand health access.
- Improved rural and market access for agricultural products.
- Provided logistical support for the 2015 and 2016 presidential and local elections.
- 10.98MPopulationTotal population
Total population is based on the de facto definition of population, which counts all residents regardless of legal status or citizenship. The values shown are midyear estimates.
Source: data.worldbank.org (2017)