The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
Government of Brazil
Government of Canada
United Stated Agency for International Development
UNOPS has supported the Government of Haiti and development partners in the country since 2004. Our services aim to build national capacity and improve living conditions throughout the country through the successful implementation of projects in a range of sectors such as health, education, transport, energy and the environment.
Since the 2010 earthquake, UNOPS has provided continuous support to Haiti, from early recovery and reconstruction to disaster risk reduction and sustainable development.
- UNOPS impact in Haiti
- Rehabilitated and reconstructed more than 4,000 homes, community infrastructures and public services to improve living conditions for more than 33,000 people.
- Supported the Government in efforts to expand health access.
- Improved rural and market access for agricultural products.
- Provided logistical support for the 2015 and 2016 presidential and local elections.
- 359Maternal mortality ratioMaternal mortality ratio (modeled estimate, per 100,000 live births)
Maternal mortality ratio is the number of women who die from pregnancy-related causes while pregnant or within 42 days of pregnancy termination per 100,000 live births. The data are estimated with a regression model using information on the proportion of maternal deaths among non-AIDS deaths in women ages 15-49, fertility, birth attendants, and GDP.
Source: data.worldbank.org (2014)