The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
Office of the Special Envoy of the Secretary-General for Yemen
UN High Commissioner for Refugees
UN Population Fund
World Health Organization
In response to the ongoing crisis in Yemen, UNOPS provides project management and human resource services as well as implementation support for a wide range of projects on behalf of partners.
With support from the World Bank, UNOPS is implementing two emergency projects: an integrated multi-sector project to restore and improve access to public social services in urban areas, including water and sanitation, solid waste management and electricity; and a solar energy project to provide improved access to electricity in rural and peri-urban areas of Yemen.
UNOPS is further implementing initiatives under the UN Humanitarian Response Plan aiming to enhance the capacity of communities to manage solid waste through the procurement of essential equipment and training.
In addition, UNOPS is providing operational support to a number of UN partners in Yemen, with a focus on human resources and logistics.
- UNOPS impact in Yemen
- Restoring public services for 1.4 million people across 19 cities.
- Providing 1.3 million people with new or improved electricity services.
- 280,000 people benefit from humanitarian initiatives aimed at improving solid waste management and access to clean water.
- Cleared 346 commercial vessels through the UN Verification and Inspection Mechanism in 2017, successfully offloading over 6.6 million tonnes of food, fuel and supplies.
- 65Life expectancy at birthLife expectancy at birth, total (years)
Life expectancy at birth indicates the number of years a newborn infant would live if prevailing patterns of mortality at the time of its birth were to stay the same throughout its life.
Source: data.worldbank.org (2016)
- Contact Details
Haddah Street, Alrwaishan Junction
(Beside French Embassy – Former European Union Building)
Tel: +967 1 504914
Grievance redress issues:
SMS & WhatsApp: +967739-888-388
Hotline: +967 1 504914, +967 1 504915