The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
Department for International Development – UK
Government of Bangladesh
Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency
UN Development Programme (UNDP) Bangladesh
United States Agency for International Development
World Health Organization (WHO) Bangladesh
UNOPS has worked in Bangladesh since 2003, and established formal representation in 2014 to provide substantial support to the Government of Bangladesh in areas such as infrastructure and resilience.
The team currently provides capacity development support to several government infrastructure related agencies and some key national NGOs with a focus on procurement, human resources management, finance and internal control, and project management.
Together with our partners, UNOPS addresses critical climate variability and environmental issues across the country, including water supply management and solid waste management projects.
Our work emphasizes building national capacities, improving resilience of communities and supporting the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals.
- UNOPS impact in Bangladesh
- Developed the National Resilience Programme in partnership with several national ministries, government departments, the UNDP and UN Women, to support the achievement of resilient infrastructure planning and construction.
- Delivered an organizational capacity development project supporting local, national and governmental entities.
- Carried out infrastructure related work in Bangladesh, including partnering with the International Labour Organization to support the upgrading of Vocational Training Centres and working with WHO to upgrade the National Measles and Polio Laboratory facilities.
- 163.05MPopulationTotal population
Total population is based on the de facto definition of population, which counts all residents regardless of legal status or citizenship. The values shown are midyear estimates.
Source: data.worldbank.org (2019)