The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
Government of Norway
Indonesian Peatland Restoration Agency (BRG)
Since 2005, UNOPS has supported a variety of projects on behalf of the government of Indonesia and other partners in their efforts to improve education, health, the environment, and disaster prevention and preparedness.
UNOPS in Indonesia – through its flagship projects – contributes to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), in particular SDG 13 on climate action and SDG 15 on protecting life on land.
- UNOPS impact in Indonesia
- Supporting BRG in the effective restoration of nearly 2.5 million hectares of peatlands across seven provinces.
- Enhanced access to education by constructing and rehabilitating 225 schools between 2005-2010, following a devastating tsunami.
- Improved healthcare by constructing 27 ‘Posyandus Plus’ – integrated health, nutrition and early childhood development centres – and by renovating three microbiology laboratories and seven hospital facilities across Indonesia.
- Improved peatland and forest fire prevention mechanisms using a computer-based forecasting tool that predicts high-risk fire areas.
- 270.63MPopulationTotal population
Total population is based on the de facto definition of population, which counts all residents regardless of legal status or citizenship. The values shown are midyear estimates.
Source: data.worldbank.org (2019)