The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
Global Fund to Fight Aids, Malaria and Tuberculosis
Islamic Development Bank
Millennium Challenge Corporation
UN Department of Peacekeeping Operations
UNOPS in Senegal provides regional support throughout Francophone and Lusophone West Africa, implementing projects in Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Côte d'Ivoire, Chad, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, São Tomé and Principe, and Togo.
We support our partners’ goals in a wide range of thematic areas, including health, water and sanitation, environment, infrastructure, conflict resolution, and peace and security.
The aim is to be the preferred and efficient implementing partner for West African Governments, in partnership with key development actors and the private sector.
- UNOPS Impact in Senegal and West Africa
- Contributed to the fight against the Ebola Virus Disease outbreak, with the construction and rehabilitation of several dozen health centres and clinics in Guinea.
- Provided technical assistance and specialized procurement services to West African governments such as Burkina Faso, Niger and Senegal.
- Supported the establishment of peace processes in Côte d’Ivoire and Mali.
- 4.66%Health expenditureHealth expenditure, total (% of GDP)
Total health expenditure is the sum of public and private health expenditure. It covers the provision of health services (preventive and curative), family planning activities, nutrition activities, and emergency aid designated for health but does not include provision of water and sanitation.
Source: data.worldbank.org (2014)