The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
Government of Italy
Government of Tunisia
Since 2006, UNOPS has provided a range of project management, infrastructure, procurement and human resource services, supporting social and economic development in Tunisia.
Working in close collaboration with the Government of Tunisia, other UN organizations, non-governmental organizations and international financial institutions, UNOPS supports government-led regional development, green employment and justice projects.
Our team further serves to support the region, managing sustainable development projects in Algeria, Egypt, Libya and Morocco. Using our local knowledge and expertise, we help develop local capacity and maintain a strong focus on the empowerment of youth and women.
- UNOPS Impact in Tunisia & North Africa
- Supported the Government of Tunisia’s programme for justice system reform.
- Assisted in reducing the threat of chemical weapons in Libya by providing project support to the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons.
- Provided significant human resources support for UN agencies.
- 11.4MPopulationTotal population
Total population is based on the de facto definition of population, which counts all residents regardless of legal status or citizenship. The values shown are midyear estimates.
Source: data.worldbank.org (2016)
- Contact Details
7 Impasse No 1, Rue 8840
Centre Urbain Nord
P.O. Box 105
1003 Cité El Khadhra, Tunis
Tel: +216 71 795 717
Fax: +216 71 796 515